I have been working as a freelance audiovisual translator since 2011. I translate from English, German and Italian to Polish.
- Diploma in postgraduate studies for translators, proofreaders and editors “The Polish Language and Translation” (University of Warsaw)- 2017
- Postgraduate diploma in Audiovisual Translation (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań)- 2013
- M.Sc. in Scientific, Technical and Medical Translation with Translation Technology (Imperial College London)- 2011
- MA in English and Italian (Humboldt University, Berlin)- 2010
- English studies (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań)- 2000-2002 (MA continued in Berlin)
- Exchange studies in English and Italian (National University of Ireland, Galway)- 2005/06
- Exchange studies in Italian (Verona University and University for Foreigners Dante Alighieri, Reggio Calabria)- 2004, 2008
- Italian language and culture (University of Palermo)- 2017
I also explored the field of translation on an academic level, whose conclusion was formulated in the article: „Humour and vulgarity: the Polish dubbing of South Park”, published in: Dore, Margherita (ed.). 2016. Achieving Consilience. Translation Theories and Practice. Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
I’m a member of the following translators’ associations:
STAW – Stowarzyszenie Tłumaczy Audiowizualnych
(The Audiovisual Translators’ Association)
SUBTLE – The Subtitlers’ Association
The Untertitelforum – AVÜ e.V.
(The German Subtitlers’ Association)
ITI – The Institute of Translation & Interpreting
CIOL – Chartered Institute of Linguists
BDÜ – Bundesverband der Dolmetscher und Übersetzer e.V.
(The German Translators’ Association)